Friday, February 18, 2011

Ah, Friday night how I adore you.
This particular one is being spent in bed, having a Sex and the City marathon, pondering and recovering from the whirlwind week that was.
This week, I entered back into the educational world and started studying again. I must say, I am loving my course, its extremely inspiring and thought provoking. I'm finding it very refreshing, to be learning again and to be hearing new insights and opinions into particular issues, and in turn, having my voice heard. It is very full on and many of my classmates are mature-age so it can be difficult to keep up at times but its so enjoyable. I think I've found where I'm meant to be at this point in my life.
Tonight I'm dreaming of all things Vintage, and Paris, and flowers, and pretty words and not caring what anybody thinks. And discovering, always discovering.
You know what. I think I would love to be a writer. I mean, it's not like I want to do writing as a career, but it's something that I've always loved to do and would eventually love to end up writing a novel. Maybe when I'm old and grey and retired, sitting on my porch on my country property surrounded by my cats and dogs and horses and sheep and cows. And quite possibly alpacas. Sounds like the life, doesn't it?
Here's to the random, meaningless ponderings of a Friday night.

Stay kind and keep smiling.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like that class is very nice. i would sure enjoy being around mature, intellectual beings!

    I'm glad you're enjoying your Friday in bed with Sex and the city marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds just lovely! I have always dreamed of country living, I know I will make it happen for myself one day. Until then, plenty of country drives/ picnics!

    xx and hugs

    Jhordyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear, your blog is quite enchanting. I wish we were friday night again, sunday night I always find so melancholy. I do love writing too, but don't think of it as a career for now. I love the idea of retiring like that with animals and the huge open countryside xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. stumbled across your blog. this is so beauti' <3 X

    ReplyDelete