Friday, December 24, 2010

I was all very excited for Christmas, but the happenings of this morning have definitely put a damper on it.

This morning, bright and early I was on my way up to the shops to finish my Christmas shopping. I was walking to the bus stop and a lady stopped me and asked if I had heard anything last night. She started to get extremely upset so I stayed with her. It turns out somebody had attacked her dog last night. I'm not going to go into details, but it was simply horrifying.
She had been on my thoughts all day and so I made her up a bunch of brownies and chocolates to take to her. We were chatting to our neighbour and when he heard what had happened, he cut some beautiful flowers from his garden for me to take to her. I wanted to make sure she knew that people cared, especially at this time of year.
When I went back, she was still very upset. The dog is still being operated on so there is no news. My heart just went out to her, I gave her a hug and didn't want to let go. It is so disgustingly awful that somebody could do this to a harmless creature. It just makes me sick.
I hope they get caught and thrown in jail.

Waiting for something to restore my faith in humans.

On repeat- Release Me- Oh Laura ♥

4 comments:

  1. You have such a beautiful spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a horrible thing to happen dear. I can't even consider what I would do if my dog was attacked. It was so very kind of you though, to do what you could to help. You are quite a special person.

    xx and hugs

    Jhordyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it sounds awful dear, but you did the right thing making her knowing that there are people out there who do care.
    Anyway, I totally understand you. Let's say, since yesterday, I'm not in the mood fot christmas either.
    hugs
    Isa

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your kindred spirit. i am glad to have met you. i also need restoration in humanity. its awful that someone would hurt an animal. this has made me sad even. some people don't have a heart!


    merry Christmas ♥

    ReplyDelete